Action for Brain Injury Week 2017
Action for Brain Injury Week is Headway's high-profile campaign which aims to raise the awareness of Acquired Brain Injuries. This week we have invited the people we support, carers and family members to share how a brain injury has affected their lives.
This year's campaign, A New Me, will allow people to creatively share their experiences in order to challenge the misconceptions of brain injury, while demonstrating the value of gaining access to the right help, at the right time.
This week we will be posting stories and information including:
- What is an acquired brain injury?
- Visit Headway's website to find out more about 'A New Me' campaign
- Read Lamin's story and find out how the care and support we provide has helped him continue his education
- Take a look what the requirements are before getting back behind the wheel after a brain injury
- Lee had to rebuild his life after a bike accident left him in a coma for eight months
You can keep up to date with our news and events around Action for Brain Injury Week using the links below:
Follow the week on Twitter here: #ANewMe