Learning Disability services
Voyage Care specialises in supporting those with a Learning Disability, whether it is in one of our care homes or in their own house.
Below are some examples of the specialist support we can offer:
- A variety of communication support systems and tools, making sure all staff know how each person prefers to communicate
- An understanding of the importance of routine to many individuals
- Experience of supporting people to manage and reduce behaviours that challenge
- Staff training tailored to the needs of people they work with
- Monitoring of patterns and trends of anxiety to predict periods of time or situations when an individual may need extra support
- Opportunities for everyone to build independence, make choices and express their personality
- A low stimulus environment designed with sensory needs in mind
- TEACCH to offer structure and consistency, with person centred approaches used when creating schedules
- A wide sensory diet that can be used to tighten scheduling systems, helping to manage behaviours that may be challenging and promote self-management.
- Being part of the local community - building confidence and self-esteem and offering opportunities to deal with change in a manageable way, if people wish
Use our search facility to find services in your area.
Read Moira's story: Moira has learning disabilities and had always lived at home with her parents. Her behaviour was becoming increasingly difficult for her parents to cope with, both were now in their 60s. Find out how Voyage helped her.